This tutorial will guide you on how to solve the lag issue on your Google Nexus 7 tablet. Many users who own the Google Nexus 7 are facing some serious lag issues. Although the Nexus line of series is exclusive by Google and the Nexus devices come with stock Android version. But in Nexus 7, even having stock Android Jelly Bean 4.2, people have reported various times that their tablet lags while switching between applications or while playing games.
Main reason for the Lag
One of the main reasons for this lag is that the newest update from Google for the Nexus 7 tablet is not bug free. Moreover, the Google Currents app that is a Flipboard like app but from Google has some issues regarding performance. This is true because if you change few settings as explained below, it will remove the lag issue like it never happened. So let’s get started
1. Open the device application menu. Once you are inside it. Go to Google Currents.
2. When you open the app, you will see three vertical dots like button or icon. Press it.
3. It will open up a new screen with different options.
4. From the list, select Settings.
5. From the new options, uncheck the Enable Background Sync. As you can see from the name, it is like a background operation that will keep on running in the background and will make problems for other apps.
6. Reboot your Nexus 7.
Now as of now, you will feel no lag on your Nexus 7 device. But if you still have problems and are feeling lag, then proceed to the following steps.
1. From the main screen of apps, go to Settings. Remember, this Settings option is the device settings.
2. Scroll down and select Apps. Apps will show you all the installed, downloaded and running apps on your device. It is also good to keep track of all the apps.
3. You will see few tabs there. Select Running tab. And then scroll over to All.
4. Find the Google Currents app and select it.
5. In the next window, click on Disable.
What this option does is that it will disable Google Currents and will not open the app without your confirmation.
One might think that why not simply delete the app from the device so that you do not have to go through all of the steps mentioned above. But the thing is that this app comes factory installed and you cannot delete it since it is Google’s product.
Words are true about the above steps fixing lag issue for majority of the Nexus 7 devices and many users have found this tutorial very handy at times. So if you are still facing lag issues, it means that your Google Currents app is still working in the background.
It is still not sure clear whether it will work on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean as well but we are pretty sure that it will work and will provide you the solution for your Nexus 7 device. Leave us comments down below if you have any problem regarding any step and we will get back to you with a proper solution.